François Lemaître is a member of the Brussels Bar Association since 2017 and has been working in the fields of Commercial & Corporate law and Intellectual Property & IT law since then.
He is fluent in French and English with a working knowledge of Dutch.
During his career, François gained experience and expertise in a wide range of economic sectors and his practice focuses on the legal aspects of Commercial and Contract Law, Intellectual Property, Dispute Resolution and complex litigation.
François advises and represents his clients in the following areas:
- Commercial law, Commercial disputes and Distribution agreements,
- Complex expertise proceedings and actions for hidden defects
- Contract law with a focus on the applicability of general terms and conditions
- Intellectual Property and IPR enforcement
- International private law, with a particular focus on EU Regulations on applicable law, jurisdiction, recognition & enforcement of judgments
- Execution law, debt recovery and seizures
- Real estate law, incl. regulation of online activities of intermediary in real estate
- Liability law and indemnification claims
- Banking Law
In 2017, François followed a traineeship at the law firm Clerens to start his career in the same firm later on that year practicing commercial law. Since then, François has extended his practice to Intellectual Property and IT law as well as Real Estate Law.
François graduated in 2017 as Master in Law at the University of Louvain (UCL) with a specialisation in Business law (Law of the Firm) and a focus on both Contract & Goods and Banking & Finance law.
He also engaged in the Finance Traineeship given by Leleux Associated Brokers at the Louvain School of Management (LSM) (2017).
Avenue du Congo 1/3